Happy National Pasta Day!!! I created this recipe special to share on Good Day Columbus, and now I want to share this with all of you ! Super quick and easy with ingredients you most likely have on hand. I did hear( so I googled and it has been tested) that if you cool pasta completely and then re heat it, your body can digest it better and it will not create the rise on glucose. For my gluten free friends you can swap out the rigatoni with hearts of palm noodles, making this a keto friendly dish as well. Enjoy!
- can tuna packed on olive oil
- 8 ounces rigatoni
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles till al dente in a large pot of salted water with a dash of olive oil. Rinse in cold water until noodles are completely cooled.
- Place noodles back in the pot and add tuna with the olive oil , don’t drain the can, juice of one large lemon , the capers plus a tablespoon of juice from the capers, stir well.
- Add the cheese and let it melt. Serve right away with with a sprinkle of cheese and black pepper on top.